Privacy and Security Policy
- If you send the RRC an electronic mail message with a question or comment that contains personal identifying information, or fill out a form that e-mails us this information, we will only use the personal identifying information to respond to your request and analyze trends. We may redirect your message to another government agency or person who is in a better position to answer your question.
- For site management functions, information is collected for analysis and statistical purposes. This information is not reported or used in any manner that would reveal personal identifying information, and will not be released to any outside parties unless legally required to do so in connection with law enforcement investigations or other legal proceeding
We use Log analysis tools to create summary statistics, which are used for purposes such as assessing what information is of most interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas. The following information is collected for this analysis:
- User Client hostname - The hostname (or IP address if DNS is disabled) of the user/client requesting access
- The user-agent information includes the type of browser, its version, and the operating system it's running on
- The referer specifies the page from which the client accessed the current page
- System date - The date and time of the user/client request
- Full request- The exact request the user/client made
- Status - The status code the server returned to the user/client
- Content length - The content length, in bytes, of the document sent to the user/client
- Method - The request method used
- Universal Resource Identifier (URI) - The location of a resource on the server
- Query string of the URI - Anything after the question mark in a URI
- Protocol - The transport protocol and version used
The RRC uses web-based forms for such purposes as collecting survey results, online reports, providing online registration for some RRC sponsored events and examinations, and online application and purchase of certain RRC-issued permits and licenses. Personal information collected from web-based forms has a specified use and RRC uses that information only for that purpose.
- For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users at all times, the RRC monitors network traffic to identify any unauthorized attempt to upload or change information, or otherwise cause harm.
Because of the harm to State computer systems, including, but not limited to, the partial or total alteration or damage to data, or the interruption of computer services to other users, the RRC does not consent to access to its computer system by “robots,” denial of service attacks, or any other automated process that results in severe degradation of system performance.
The RRC reserves the right to block, in its sole discretion and without notice, any access to, or use of, its computer services that may compromise computer service to others, or the security of information management systems.
Unauthorized attempts to upload information, change information, or cause damage or harm, are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under Texas Penal Code Chapters 33 (Computer Crimes) or 33A (Telecommunications Crimes).
For more information on the guidelines contained in the Privacy and Security Policy, you may go to the State of Texas Department of Information Resources Standards.
Last Updated: 8/10/2018 10:54:01 AM